H & A Dealer Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rodent tape

3 posters

Go down

Rodent tape Empty Rodent tape

Post  Darin Kronner Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:21 pm

In case you haven't seen it in ISIS, rodent tape is available. Had a MDX in with a knock sensor code. Removed the upper plenum and found the wiring harness had been chewed. Made up a new wire and wrapped it in rodent tape and hopefully won't have anymore problems.

Rodent tape p/n: 4019-2317 approx $20 per roll.

Darin Kronner

http://www.boblindsayacura.com

Back to top Go down

Rodent tape Empty Re: Rodent tape

Post  NickSaka Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:15 am

I shall have to look into that one. I have a Pilot with a chewed up knock sensor wire. This is the second one this month.

NickSaka

Back to top Go down

Rodent tape Empty RODENT FIX

Post  maddogg240 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:12 am

I too had problems with rodents and knock sensors. nothing seemed to work. we used underbody coating all over the effected area before they came our with the rodent tape. I was so happy to see the rodent tape then a week after a repair the guy came back. How do you tell a guy on his third repair he has to pay for it again? so we put some heads together and a friend got a spring from ace hardware. regular coil spring for like a lawn mower and we wrapped that around the wire harness to that it's basically caged. we had a long enough spring that we trimmed it to fit. That car hasn't returned. neither have 6 others we treated the same way.

rodents don't have to come from homes. Here in az with all of our desert landscaping I have found alot of places of buisness that have tall tail signs of a rodent presence. so for your cust that say "i don't have a rat problem it's always kept in our garage" you can tell them that anywhere they park they are at risk. especially when it's cold. rats and mice are just looking for a warm place to hide and are attracted to the electircally impulses still left in that circuit.

best of luck! alien

maddogg240

Back to top Go down

Rodent tape Empty Re: Rodent tape

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum